Friday, August 20, 2010

Love and Jealousy

Who is the girl you wish you could be? 
And why?

I thought I would post something personal today, non makeup related.  So, excuse me if this is too long and you don't want to read it.  I'm looking to give/get some support on some issues about self-esteem.

Unless you're a liar or just totally self absorbed, you are going to be self concious.  It doesn't matter who you are, you wish you could change something.  One of my freinds was tall and skinny and BEAUTIFULL, and she actually told me she wanted to be short and have bigger boobs like me!  So who would i like to look like? It was easy , the first time I saw this girl I knew I would be jealous to death of her.  Most people know her as Mikki , a Korean Ulzzang (basically 'best face' model or internet celeb) known for her striking facial features and quirky looks.  She has big, bold eyes and tiny features, in fact she is self-concious about her mouth and her nose so she often covers them in her photos, it was hard finding pictures that showed her whole face >__<

Not only having a cute face, she is also so skinny! 
I know our society places too much emphasis on weight, and sometimes girls take it too far, but I have a (mostly) healthy idea of what my ideal body would be.  My goal is most likely to loose another 5-6 pounds, and not just pounds, but more importantly, get more toned!  I have weight issues from being called chunky and fat in high school , even my so-called freinds said I had chubby cheeks and big butt.  Since then I have lost 30 pounds and take excellent care of myself and feel much better. But there is alot of times when I feel like it's not enough. 

Honestly, In the end, girls like this actually make me feel better about myself.  In American society, our idea of beauty is so limited, a girl like me with dark hair and pale skin are told we look morbid and ugly. It doesn't matter if that is your natural look , you get labled for not changing it by using tanning beds and bleaching your hair.   
Well, as a woman, i doubt there will ever be that magical day where I wake up and everything is perfect and I don't have any pimples and I can say 'Look at me! I'm beautifull!'  And no, Tyra Banks and Ugly Betty ( by the way, HATE that show!) aren't going to change that any time soon.

1 comment:

  1. I used to get hurt every time friends tell me my make up is too thick, I'm too skinny/ fat. Too fair that I look dead etc etc. Everyone will always have something to complain about us even we our selves have tons of complains but in the end. and as long as our partner loves us for who we are, all our chatter mouth friends can keep the comments to themselves. :P

    So don't worry about how we look. To me, a who can really be considered beautiful is one with a great personality

    ReplyDelete