Tuesday, August 17, 2010

BB CREAM Roundup!!


I started collecting BB creams about a year ago when I discovered them at

the local Korean grocery shop, and once I tried them i was hooked!

Here's quick info about all my current BB creams and some swatches:



Continue reading to see my swatches and reviews:

 

Skinfood BB cream Shade #1: I got this in shade 1 becuase I was super pale,
I have since tanned so it is too light for my skin now, but this is a
great BB Cream! This soothes your skin and won't cause any breakouts, and
this also has great coverage. This is one of the cheapest BB creams out there
but one of my favorites! It makes my skin matte but still gives it a glow.



Aromairis BB Blemish Concealer Balm: I got this in a swap...I can't find any
info about this brand anywhere online. This has a wierd orange tone, it feels
really thick and cheap on my skin. Supposedly this was an expensive brand but
I thought this stuff was junk and gave me bumps everywhere. 



Etude House BB Magic Cream: I bought this becuase it said OIL FREE everywhere on
eBay and the shade was yellow-ish so I thought it would be good for my skin tone.
Well, I got it and the ingredients said 'mineral oil' right at the top. (slaps
face) Sigh. I hate companies that don't know what oil is. Anyways, this provides
no coverage at all, and I was scared to use it but I used it a few times anyways
becuase i didnt want to waste it. And of course I broke out everywhere from the
mineral oil (mineral oil is really really bad for anyone who gets breakouts) so I am
not going to be using this.  I've only used it about 3-4 times to swatch, If anyone's
interested in this just let me know...I hate to have products sitting around lonely.


Skin79 Diamond: this luxurious bb Cream contains gold, pearl, diamonds, amethyst,
tourmalin, and coral in a beautifull pump bottle. Of course the cute bottle is a
selling point but this is a great product with great ingredients and helps fade
acne scars. This is another favorite of my mine and I have been using this for quite awhile, I've
gone through 2 bottles already.



Hanskin Glossy BB: my first bb cream! Hanskin is an expensive brand and I would
say thier products would be better for more mature skin. This is a grey sparkly
color and doesnt provide coverage so this would be better as a highlighter or
if you dont have anything to hide. Makes your skin super soft even after you
wash it off.



Missha M bb: I'm not a fan of missha at all. I have 2 of thier bb creams and both
are junk. This is sooo thick that when I tried to squeeze it out eventually the
bottle got a rip in it! This feels really heavy on your skin and looks fake, not
to mention it will break you out bad.



Etude House Precious mineral for dry skin: I got for dry skin becuase I wanted
the darker shade, but it is definately not for acne prone skin. this contains alot
of oil and despite the fact that this looks good when I wear it, it gives me big
cystic pimples. Another Etude house flop.



Missha Perfect Cover #21: Okay, another Missha BB cream. I wore this for months
when my acne was really bad and couldnt figure out why my skin was getting worse.
It looks good on your skin and covers well, but it gets deep in your skin and is really
hard to cleanse out, causing lots of problems. It made my pores really big and
my skin rough, not to mention all the pimples. I use this as an undereye concealer
now and it works good for that.



Etude House BB Magic Cream: This is a good BB cream for younger skin and people
who dont want whitening and wrinkle control and all that buisiness. I'm glad I tanned
this year so I can wear it becuase it is quite dark for a bb cream. Be warned it
oxidizes over the day and gets darker in a few hours so

From Left to right:
Skinfood Aloe #1
Aromaris
Etude House BB Magic Cream
Skin79 Diamond prestige (bottle not pictured)
Hanskin Glossy
Missha M
Etude House Precious Mineral BB #2 for dry skin
Missha Perfect Cover #21
Etude House BB Magic for Oily Skin
Blended in regular lighting
Blended, with flash on

Based on my reviews you may be hesitant to jump on the BB Cream bandwagon, but my advice to you is just make sure you do your research and always find reviews and ingredients lists etc. before purchasing them.  Kimoko  and Kathi of Lotus Palace are both GODSENDS for people like me who use asian beauty products, thier reviews and pictures have helped me avoid some bad purchases.  BB creams can go either way, either they are going to be the best thing since sliced bread for you or you can get a bad one that will cause alot of problems.   Also remember I have very acne prone skin so my results are usually worse than if you have behaved skin, so if a product does work for you it's becuase we're all different! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment